Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lazy Kids

Lazy Kids Does anyone else have kids who are physically unable to feed themselves? Is this a problem contained to my family only?? They would rather sit here and starve than get up and fix a bowl of cereal or grab a poptart....I have patiently given "toast making lessons" and oatmeal in the microwave, but the complexity of the task is too much for them to take in. I worry about them as they grow older. I really do. Will they wilt away to nothing as they sit in their apartment waiting on the food fairy? Who is going to pick up their dirty socks and underwear, their used candy wrappers and clabbered milk glasses? I think all the bag ladies and homeless men are just children who moved away from their mothers, and were quickly reduced to wandering the streets in hopes of finding someone to do everything for them. Where have I gone wrong, except to go overboard on the mothering....before my oldest leaves me a scathing comment, yes she will cook for herself, but her room is horrendous...my son is currently sitting in MY bathrobe (because he is too lazy to put clothes on) and playing a video game...he hasn't ate any breakfast, yet when I fix lunch he will look at me and say "but I didn't get any breakfast, how can this be lunch?" and he will be dead serious

No comments: