Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Old age and Books

I'm getting old. I use to hand mop my kitchen floor at least twice a week..I'm ashamed to say how long it has been in between moppings. I did it today, but I had to take 3 breaks (in my defense it is a huge area to mop). I have a wet jet swiffer, but frankly it doesn't do the job quite as well as when I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing, and you can't get the baseboards under th counters with the swiffer..(is it swiffer or swifter?) Either way, it's only good for a touch up. I had plans to scrub my bathtub too, but I guess I'm going to have to allot one day for each task because there is no way that I could accomplish both on the same day.

We were suppose to get a massive amount of snow last night, but it really wasn't the accumulation that they predicted. I guess it did it's job in that the kids missed yet another day of school. I've really had my fill of snow days, it's not as fun as it was in the beginning...the kids are taking up more space than they use to, not only with their bodies, but with their various possessions. Every morning I wake up and gather up iPods, an MP3, a stupid Ripstick (crazy kind of skateboard) camera's, cell phones, yarn, crochet hooks, pillows and blankets. I put them in their proper places...drawers, rooms, and dressers. Every day my children wake up and ask where their things are...we do this all the time. I always put it in their room, they are always one mass of confusion wandering around looking for these objects. I don't know if they are more stupid or I am.

I started reading a book yesterday called Fall of Giants. I loved it. I was really into it. It is over 1,000 pages long...it's about WWI following various people from each country involved. I'm over half way through and I can't make myself finish it. Not because it isn't good, but it is too real. I find myself getting very angry while I'm reading it because of whatever is going on at the time in the story. Maybe the author is too good. I get sucked in too easily and it overtakes my emotions, thereby affecting my life. Maybe I can finish it next week, as for now I'm going to re-read Agatha Christie, my stand-by for cozy feelings with a little murder thrown in for fun;))

Well, I guess I've rambled enough about nothing, love you Beck and Granny, think of you constantly....

No comments: